Dr. Sebastian Jungermann advises clients regarding German and European competition and antitrust laws, including German, EU and multi-jurisdictional merger control proceedings, cartel proceedings, abuse-of-dominance proceedings, litigation, and compliance programs, as well as internal audits and contractual advice. Dr. Jungermann further advises in the fields of corporate law, national security, foreign investments and export control, IP, data protection and privacy (GDPR), outsourcing and other technology-related areas. In addition, he is involved in international litigation, including pre-trial discovery proceedings in support of US litigation.
Dr. Jungermann regularly publishes articles in the fields of antitrust, compliance, corporate, data protection and privacy, and other related topics. He also has frequent speaking engagements on the topics of antitrust, compliance, and pre-trial discovery.
- Various Companies, Officers and Managers in antitrust investigations and proceedings before the German Cartel Authority, the European Commission and the US Department of Justice, including the investigations regarding Air Cargo, Auto Parts, Rolled Asphalt, Chinaware, among others.
- Knauf in the Chinese-Manufactured Drywall Products Liability Litigation in the United States.
- Various large companies from Germany and Switzerland in support of US pre-trial discovery, data protection and privacy, and managing hundreds of custodians, terabytes of electronic data and large review teams located in Germany.
- Dimension Data in its lawsuit against a well-known real estate developer including all instances to the German Federal Supreme Court.
- German real estate investors to recover title to property in Manhattan worth US$20 million including US pre-trial discovery.
- University of Marburg
- German Attorney, authorized to represent before all German Courts (except for the Federal Court of Justice in civil matters) and before the courts of the European Union.
- Chairman, Board of the Antitrust Forum Frankfurt, until 2016 (Kartellrechtsforum Frankfurt am Main)
- Member, Antitrust Lawyers Association for Germany, Austria and Switzerland (Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht)
- Member, American Bar Association - Section of Antitrust Law
- Member, the German Lawyers Association (Deutscher Anwaltverein)
- Member, German-American Lawyers' Association (DAJV)
- Member, German Association of Law and Informatics (DGRI)
- Member, German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property and Copyrights (GRUR)
- Member, German Bar Association