Vinita Kailasanath drafts and negotiates contracts for the commercialization and protection of intellectual property and technology, and advises clients on issues at the intersection of intellectual property and FDA regulation.
Ms. Kailasanath regularly counsels tax-exempt organizations in connection with technology and intellectual property issues. She also advises technology clients on patent and licensing law and the intellectual property and technology licensing aspects of mergers and acquisitions. Ms. Kailasanath regularly counsels clients on the legal aspects of museums and art.
Ms. Kailasanath served as Editor-in-Chief of the Stanford Technology Law Review. She has also worked in the legal department of a leading alternative energy company specializing in the production of algal oils and bioproducts.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Kailasanath conducted graduate-level neuroendocrinology research and co-authored several publications. She also worked as a life sciences marketing and sales management consultant.
- Fortune 10 company in the development of wearable and other mobility devices.
- Subsidiary of a Fortune 100 company with a series of technology and services contracts, including platform creation, SaaS and service level agreements, to create and launch a novel service.
- Fortune 100 company with a collaboration agreement with Premier, a leading healthcare improvement company, to enable projects involving healthcare data analytics and the development and commercialization of patient and provider healthcare solutions.
- Global pharmaceutical company with development deal to incorporate a dosing system regulated as a medical device into the company's app.
- Spin-off from healthcare system in connection with IP, licensing, and commercial matters, including collaborations involving the development of healthcare related apps.
- Subsidiary of a Fortune 100 company with a series of technology and services contracts, including software platform development and migration in support of a consumer-facing business.
- Subsidiary of a Fortune 100 company - Development services agreement with technology service provider to allow consumers, care givers, and healthcare professionals to connect with each other to share health related information and to leverage resources, tools and interactive programs to increase medication adherence and improve patient health outcomes.
- Women-led global tax-exempt organization in connection with its international campaigns including the Ban Bossy Campaign, its partnership with the Girl Scouts, and other ongoing activities relating to the advancement of women and its mission.
- Specialty pharmaceutical company in connection with research and development, licensing, regulatory and litigation matters.
- Fortune 100 company with acquisition of a website and mobile application that provides an interactive physician engagement platform and education tool.
- Online content, products, and services company with advice regarding the intellectual property and technology licensing aspects of mergers and acquisitions.
- Drug development companies with clinical and commercial supply agreements.
- Biotechnology company developing therapies based on gene delivery technology and an evaluation, feasibility and option agreement.
- Medical device company in connection with the drafting and negotiation of numerous consulting, supply and development agreements with universities, development and supply partners around the world.
- JD, Stanford Law School, 2010
- MS, Biological Sciences, Stanford University, 2004
- BA, Human Biology, Stanford University, 2004, with honors and distinction, Phi Beta Kappa
- District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, The Honorable Arthur J. Gajarsa
- Member, Licensing Executives Society
- Member, Food and Drug Law Institute California Planning Committee
- Member, ChIPs NextGen Summit Planning Committee
- Stanford Associates Board of Governors
- Stanford Cap & Gown Women's Leadership Society Board
- UCSF Health Hub Advisor