Vinita Kailasanath drafts and negotiates contracts for the commercialization and protection of intellectual property and technology, and advises clients on issues at the intersection of intellectual property and FDA regulation.
Ms. Kailasanath advises technology clients on patent and licensing law, reexaminations, responses to data breaches, and the intellectual property and technology licensing aspects of mergers and acquisitions. She also counsels clients on the legal aspects of museums and art.
Ms. Kailasanath served as Editor-in-Chief of the Stanford Technology Law Review. She has also worked in the legal department of a leading alternative energy company specializing in the production of algal oils and bioproducts.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Kailasanath conducted graduate-level neuroendocrinology research and co-authored several publications. She also worked as a life sciences marketing and sales management consultant.
- Subsidiary of a Fortune 100 company with a series of technology and services contracts, including platform creation, SaaS and service level agreements, to create and launch a novel service.
- Specialty pharmaceutical company in connection with research and development, licensing, regulatory and litigation matters.
- US medical instrument and supply company with a license and supply agreement.
- Online content, products, and services company with advice regarding the intellectual property and technology licensing aspects of mergers and acquisitions.
- Biotechnology center with a master services agreement with a contract research organization.
- Drug development company with a clinical supply agreement.
- Biotechnology company developing therapies based on gene delivery technology with amendments to a series of license agreements and an evaluation, feasibility and option agreement.
- Medical device company in connection with the drafting and negotiation of numerous consulting, supply and development agreements with universities, development and supply partners around the world.
- JD, Stanford Law School, 2010
- MS, Biological Sciences, Stanford University, 2004
- BA, Human Biology, Stanford University, 2004, with honors and distinction, Phi Beta Kappa
- District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, The Honorable Arthur J. Gajarsa
- Member, Licensing Executive Society
- Member, Food and Drug Law Institute