Ingrid Kalisch has extensive experience advising on a wide range of German and international corporate and structured finance transactions, including acquisition finance, project finance, real estate finance, Schuldschein loans, ECA covered loans, general transactional banking, syndicated and bilateral loan agreements, as well as the restructuring of such transactions. In addition, she has experience in asset-related transactions, and tax efficient and off balance sheet financing. Furthermore, she advises on real estate investments, disposals and commercial leases.
Her extensive know-how and outstanding understanding of banking business enabled her to advise in connection with the structuring and documentation of many innovative and bespoke transactions and to become one of the best known and frequently recommended lawyers in Germany for finance.
Ms. Kalisch's clients include leading lenders (such as commercial and investment banks, development finance institutions, export credit agencies as well as alternative finance providers), sponsors (such as concession and construction companies), asset managers, institutional investors, family offices and global as well as mid-cap companies.
- MTN: ECA-covered financing for the expansion of its cellular network in Rwanda.
- Leading global banking institution: KfW-refinancing of a Euler/Hermes covered loan.
- Leading Canadian Bank: development of its ECA-covered finance program.
- Kommunalkredit Austria: financing of two Solar Parks in Southern Germany.
- European Investment Bank (EIB): structured finance facility and LGTT guaranty facility for the financing of the BAB A5 A-model PPP project; the transaction won the IFLR 2010 "Project Finance Deal of the Year" award.
- International consortium of sponsors: bid for two of the German motorway PPPs of the second wave of projects.
- Mandated Lead Arrangers: first German motorway PPP, the BAB A8 Munich-Augsburg, including ongoing post-closing advice.
Project Finance and Development (2015-2020)
Project Finance (2007-2013)
- Second State Exam, Hesse, 1989
- Georgetown University, 1986
- First State Exam, Johann Wolfgang Goethe-University Frankfurt am Main, 1985
- German Attorney, authorized to represent before all German Courts (except for the Federal Court of Justice in civil matters) and before the courts of the European Union.
- Member, Financial Experts Association
- Member, Banking Law Association
- Member, German Federal PPP Association