Ingrid Kalisch has extensive experience advising on a wide range of German and international corporate and structured finance transactions, including acquisition finance, project finance, real estate finance, Schuldschein loans, ECA covered loans, general transactional banking, syndicated and bilateral loan agreements, as well as the restructuring of such transactions. In addition, she has experience in asset-related transactions, and tax efficient and off balance sheet financing. She also advises sellers and purchasers of distressed debt. Furthermore, she advises on real estate investments, disposals and commercial leases.
Her extensive know-how and outstanding understanding of banking business enabled her to advise in connection with the structuring and documentation of many innovative and bespoke transactions and to become one of the best known and frequently recommended lawyers in Germany for finance. Bespoke transactions on which she worked include a complex, non-standard export credit financing in the amount of EUR 1 billion, advising the Mandated Lead Arrangers in relation to the first German A-model PPP project as well as the award winning “PPP Deal of the Year” (IFLR 2010).
Ms. Kalisch’s clients include leading lenders (such as commercial and investment banks, development finance institutions, export credit agencies as well as alternative finance providers), sponsors (such as concession and construction companies), asset managers, institutional investors, family offices and global as well as mid-cap companies.
- MTN in connection with the ECA covered financing for the expansion of its cellular network in Rwanda.
- Leading global banking institution in connection with its KfW-refinancing of a Euler/Hermes‑covered loan.
- A leading Canadian Bank on the development of its ECA covered finance program.
- Kommunalkredit Austria on the financing of two Solar Parks in Southern Germany.
- European Investment Bank (EIB) in connection with a structured finance facility and a LGTT guaranty facility for the financing of the BAB A5 A-model PPP project; the transaction won the IFLR 2010 "Project Finance Deal of the Year" award.
- An international consortium of Sponsors in connection with their bid for two of the German motorway PPPs of the second wave of projects.
- The Mandated Lead Arrangers on the first German motorway PPP, the BAB A8 Munich-Augsburg, including ongoing post-closing advice.
Project Finance (2012-2013)
- Second State Exam, Court of Appeals Frankfurt am Main, 1989
- Georgetown University, 1986
- First State Exam, Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main, 1985
- German Attorney, authorized to represent before all German Courts (except for the Federal Court of Justice in civil matters) and before the courts of the European Union.
- Member, Financial Experts Association
- Member, Association for Banking
- Member, German Wind Energy Association
- Member, Corporate Restructuring Association Germany
- Member, German Association of Transport Sciences