Tanya Kalivas focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation. She has experience counseling individuals and companies in all aspects of litigation, including contractual disputes, trademark litigation, internal investigations, mass tort, and civil litigation matters.
Ms. Kalivas maintains an active pro bono practice. Her practice includes representation of an individual in a federal criminal investigation, residents of Baldwin, New York whose homes were damaged during Hurricane Sandy, and inmates at the Supermax prison in Florence, Colorado.
Ms. Kalivas graduated from Fordham University School of Law, cum laude, where she was a Stein Public Interest Scholar. She served as a Notes & Articles Editor of the Fordham Urban Law Journal and participated in the school's International Justice Clinic where she represented clients detained in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Kalivas was a recipient of Princeton Project 55's Fellowship in Public Interest. She also represented Greece as a member of the Greek National Women's Soccer Team, which competed in the 2004 Olympic Games held in Athens, Greece.
- Women’s soccer franchise in a dispute with the Women’s Professional Soccer league.
- Individual in FIFA investigation and prosecution pending in the US District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
- Financial institutions in litigation in the New York Commercial Division alleging breaches of representations and warranties in the issuance and securitization of Residential Mortgage Backed Securities.
- Corporation in defending litigation claims by plaintiffs alleging personal injury relating to exposure to radiation during operation of nuclear fuel fabrication facilities.
- Wind energy company in a contract dispute regarding the construction of a wind energy farm.
- Financial institution in Department of Justice investigation into fair lending compliance.
- Hedge fund in litigation regarding investment in auction rate securities.
- Preferred shareholder in litigation involving contract interpretation in Delaware Chancery Court.
- Large consumer product company in affirmative trademark litigations to protect client’s mark.
- Galil Medical in expedited merger-related litigation in Delaware Chancery Court in Galil Medical Ltd. v. Endocare, Inc. and Galil Medical Ltd. v. HealthTronics Inc.
- Counsels individuals and companies in civil and criminal investigations by the Department of Justice, US Securities and Exchange Commission, FINRA, and other federal and state authorities.
- JD, Fordham University School of Law, 2008, cum laude
- AB, History, Princeton University, 2001
- New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit