Jennifer Karmonick focuses her practice on product safety issues and related regulatory matters, and also has experience in commercial and product liability litigation.
Ms. Karmonick has extensive experience as a product safety lawyer helping companies assess their compliance with US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) regulations and other product safety laws and standards, determine when it is appropriate to notify the CPSC of potential safety issues and report on such potential safety issues, develop effective recall plans, and defend CPSC enforcement actions as well as client decisions that a recall is not warranted. She has helped a number of companies to understand, comply with, and adapt their operations to address the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) since that groundbreaking legislation was signed into law in August 2008.
Ms. Karmonick has represented manufacturers, distributors, and retailers of clothing, toys and other children’s products, household appliances, furniture, heating and cooling equipment, computer equipment, promotional products, cosmetics, and other products.
In addition, Ms. Karmonick has experience assisting companies in conducting due diligence concerning product safety issues in connection with mergers and acquisitions.
In law school, Ms. Karmonick served as an Articles Editor for The George Washington University Law Review.
- National retailer in a CPSC investigation into the alleged post-recall sale of recalled products.
- Global consumer products company in a CPSC investigation into the timeliness of the company's notification to CPSC concerning a potential product safety issue.
- Global toy manufacturer in a CPSC investigation into the timeliness of the company's notification to CPSC concerning a potential product safety issue.
- Other national retailers and manufacturers in CPSC investigations into the timeliness of their notifications to CPSC concerning potential product safety issues.
- J.D., George Washington University, 2000, with high honors, Order of the Coif
- MBA, Baruch College, City University of New York
- A.B., Brown University, 1992
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, The Honorable Franklin S. Van Antwerpen