Mr. Kelly handles complex litigation in product liability and mass tort matters, including class actions, individual actions, and government public nuisance actions.
- Has represented a defendant for more than 10 years, in actions against former manufacturers of lead pigment seeking personal injury damages due to lead paint ingestion by children and abatement of alleged lead paint hazards; cases have included individual and class actions by private plaintiffs and governments in Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Mississippi, Missouri, Louisiana, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island.
- Experienced in product liability and consumer protection litigation in the pharmaceutical and housewares industries.
- Extensive prior experience in commercial and antitrust litigation, including representation of selling company in major dispute over divestiture in the photovoltaics industry.
- JD, University of Michigan Law School, 1977
- BA, Columbia University, 1974
- New York
Member (1997–1999) and Chair (1999–2002), Product Liability Committee, New York City Bar
Member, Professional Ethics Committee, New York County Lawyers Association
Member, Committee on Litigation, New York City Bar
Member, Committee on Federal Courts, New York City Bar (2002–2005)
Member, Committee on Antitrust and Trade Regulation, New York City Bar (1991–1994)