Dr. Rahul Khara's practice focuses on regulatory counseling and litigation for the pharmaceutical, medical device, and biotechnology industries. Dr. Khara regularly advises his clients on health care regulatory, compliance, and legislative matters, including Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement and coverage, government price reporting for pharmaceutical products, and fraud and abuse compliance, particularly with regard to the Anti-Kickback laws. Additionally, Dr. Khara represents clients in litigation and enforcement matters, primarily involving fraud and abuse, off-label promotion, and False Claims Act allegations.
While at University of Michigan Law School, Dr. Khara was a Contributing Editor of the Michigan Telecommunications and Technology Law Review. Dr. Khara earned his Doctor of Pharmacy from Rutgers University, and is licensed to practice pharmacy in New Jersey. During his time at Rutgers University, he worked at two large pharmaceutical manufacturers focusing on drug development and formulation research.
- Pharmaceutical and biotechnology manufacturers—counsel on compliance with healthcare fraud and abuse laws, including the Anti-Kickback Statute and the False Claims Act.
- Pharmaceutical and biotechnology manufacturers—advise on government pricing issues, including those under Medicaid, Medicare, the 340B program, the TRICARE program, and the Department of Veterans Affairs program.
- Manufacturers launching new pharmaceutical or biotechnology products—provide coding and coverage advice.
- Large pharmaceutical manufacturers—represented in off-label promotion and False Claims Act investigations and litigation.
- Major pharmaceutical manufacturer—served on secondment to the in-house legal department.
- JD, University of Michigan Law School, 2008
- PharmD, Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy at Rutgers University, 2005, highest honors
- District of Columbia
- New York
Member, DC Bar's John Payton Leadership Academy, Class of 2016