Benjamin Kieft undertakes a broad range of corporate and transactional matters including mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, joint ventures, shareholder disputes, and corporate advisory work. He advises a wide range of clients, from public and private companies to private equity and hedge funds, and has particular experience representing clients in the technology, financial services, healthcare, and life sciences sectors. He has extensive experience in advising on cross-border transactions.
Mr. Kieft has also represented clients in equity and debt securities offerings and listings on the London, Irish, and New York stock exchanges, and has particular experience of securities offerings by sovereign nations.
Mr. Kieft maintains an active pro bono practice and has worked closely with organizations as diverse as local community organizations and multinational human rights charities, advising on various corporate and contractual issues from day to day.
Mr. Kieft graduated from Nottingham Law School in 2005 and trained with the firm, before qualifying as a solicitor with the firm in 2007. He is a graduate in biochemistry and genetics from the University of Nottingham.
- Federal Republic of Nigeria on its $300 million debut offering of diaspora bonds approved for distribution to retail investors in the UK and US.
- The Republic of Azerbaijan on its debut international bond offering of $1.25 billion.
- The Republic of Kenya on its debut international bond offering of $2 billion.
- The Republic of Turkey on its first and second-ever Islamic bond offerings of $1.5 billion and $1.25 billion.
- Hungary on its $3 billion offering of debt securities, consisting of $1 billion Notes due 2019 and $2 billion Notes due 2024.
- Legal Practice Course, Nottingham Law School, 2005
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law, Nottingham Law School, 2004
- Biochemistry and Genetics, University of Nottingham, 2003
- England and Wales