Nate Klein advises companies, individuals, investment banks, and private equity and venture capital firms in a variety of matters. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, financings, venture capital, and commercial transactions, and he has experience advising clients in a variety of industries, including the agriculture, financial services, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, private equity and technology industries.
Prior to transitioning to a corporate and finance practice in 2014, Mr. Klein focused on commercial and securities litigation and internal investigations and served as a law clerk in the chambers of the Honorable Marilyn L. Huff in the United States District Court for the Southern District of California.
Mr. Klein is an active member of Arnold & Porter's Pride affinity group for LGBTQ lawyers.
- Heitz Wine Cellars, a family-owned Napa Valley winery, in its sale to Gaylon Lawrence Jr.
- Cain Brothers & Company, Inc. in the sale of its investment banking subsidiary, Cain Brothers & Company, LLC, to KeyBanc Capital Markets.
- Private company in the acquisition of a vendor management platform.
- Portfolio company of a private equity buyer in connection with the acquisition of dental practice assets.
- Eye care practice in its sale to a managed care consortium.
- Global pharmaceutical company in connection with a venture capital investment in a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company.
- Global medical company in its capacity as an investor in several venture financings of early stage US medical companies.
- Global Fortune 10 company in various commercial transactions.
- JD, Lewis & Clark Law School, 2005, cum laude
- BS, University of Oregon, 2002
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom