Nate Klein advises companies, entrepreneurs, individuals, investment banks, and private equity and venture capital firms in a variety of matters. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, financings, venture capital, and commercial transactions, and he has experience advising clients in a variety of industries, including the agriculture, financial services, food and beverage, wine and wineries, pharmaceutical, private equity and technology industries.
Prior to transitioning to a transactional practice in 2014, Mr. Klein focused on commercial and securities litigation and internal investigations and served as a law clerk in the chambers of the Honorable Marilyn L. Huff in the United States District Court for the Southern District of California.
Mr. Klein is an active member of Arnold & Porter's Pride affinity group for LGBTQ lawyers.
- Cain Brothers & Company Inc. in the sale of its investment banking subsidiary, Cain Brothers & Company LLC, to KeyBanc Capital Markets.
- California-based producer of organic agricultural products in its sale to a US-based global distributor of fresh cut fruits and vegetables.
- Eye care practice in its sale to a managed care consortium.
- Global medical company in its capacity as an investor in several venture financings of early stage US medical companies.
- Global pharmaceutical company in connection with a venture capital investment in a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company.
- Heitz Wine Cellars, a renowned family owned Napa Valley winery, in connection with its sale to Gaylon Lawrence Jr., owner of one of the country's largest family run agricultural businesses. The transaction included 425 acres of vineyards, the winery and the tasting room.
- International consulting firm in the acquisition of a private company specializing in Salesforce marketing solutions.
- Portfolio company of a private equity buyer in connection with the acquisition of dental practice assets.
- Private company in the acquisition of a vendor management platform.
- Toyota Motor Sales, USA Inc. and Toyota Motor North America Inc. in multiple commercial and other transactions.
- The Wine Group, the world's third largest wine producer by volume, in various corporate governance matters and commercial debt transactions.
- JD, Lewis & Clark Law School, 2005, cum laude
- BS, University of Oregon, 2002
- Member, Bar Association of San Francisco
- Member, Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom