Reuben Koolyk focuses his practice on complex litigation in mass tort and pharmaceutical product liability matters, including class actions, individual actions, public nuisance cases, and false claims actions.
Mr. Koolyk is trained as a physician and has extensive experience developing medical and other scientific evidence and expert input in such matters. He has also represented clients in regulatory investigations and internal investigations. Before joining the firm, Mr. Koolyk worked as an Assistant United States Attorney for the Eastern District of New York, where he tried civil jury and nonjury cases.
- Corporation in multiple suits alleging personal injuries relating to exposure to radiation from the operation of nuclear fuel fabrication facilities.
- Atlantic Richfield Company, for more than 20 years, in actions against former manufactures of lead pigment, including cases in California, Massachusetts, Missouri, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, Rhode Island, and Wisconsin.
- Fortune 500 pharmaceutical companies in complex product liability and governmental false claims actions.
- New York and California restaurant associations in challenges to menu labeling ordinance requiring chain restaurants to post calorie information.
- Fortune 500 Company in connection with a complex criminal and regulatory investigation by several federal and state agencies of the municipal bond reinvestment markets.
- MD, S.U.N.Y. Medical School, 1988, cum laude
- JD, Harvard Law School, 1976, cum laude
- BA, Yeshiva University, 1973
- New York
- New Jersey
- Numerous Federal Courts
- Massachusetts (retired)