Charles Kreafle's practice focuses on white collar defense as well as securities regulatory, enforcement and litigation matters. He has significant experience in internal corporate investigations and government investigations involving the United States Department of Justice (DOJ), the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and government agencies. He also has experience representing corporate clients, financial institutions, and individuals in a broad range of commercial disputes concerning various subject matters.
Mr. Kreafle maintains an active pro bono practice, where he has represented individuals facing federal criminal charges, individuals seeking Social Security disability benefits, the City of New York in a tort action, and judges in challenges to the constitutionality of state laws.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Kreafle graduated from the University of Pennsylvania Law School, where he was a Dean's Fellow, received honors recognition for his legal writing and was a Senior Editor of the Journal of Constitutional Law. He received his bachelor's degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he graduated with highest distinction and attended the university on a full-merit academic scholarship.
- Multinational financial services firms in connection with inquiries from the SEC, DOJ, FINRA, SROs, and other regulators.
- Public company in connection with internal corporate, SEC, and DOJ investigations concerning alleged accounting improprieties.
- Private company in connection with a DOJ investigation concerning alleged customs and product mislabeling fraud.
- Investment advisor in connection with an SEC investigation concerning alleged insider trading.
- Registered Investment Advisor firm in connection with an SEC examination.
- Public company in connection with the design and implementation of an FCPA compliance program.
- Broker dealer in connection with a FINRA arbitration.
- Multinational mining company in connection with shareholder derivative litigation.
- Automobile parts manufacturer in connection with an antitrust inquiry.
- Global oil and gas company in defense of claims filed under a multi-district class action settlement.
- Multinational bank in connection with a fraudulent conveyance action.
- Director of private equity firm in connection with litigation related to the liquidation of a hedge fund.
- JD, University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2013
- BA, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2010, highest distinction, Phi Beta Kappa
- New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York