Charles Kreafle focuses on government and corporate investigations, white collar criminal defense, and securities litigation, regulatory and enforcement matters. He also has experience in a variety of other matters, including antitrust cases, commercial disputes, and fraudulent conveyance actions. Mr. Kreafle represents clients in both state and federal courts as well before government agencies and departments.
Mr. Kreafle is active in the firm's pro bono practice, where he has represented an indigent client in a federal criminal case, individuals seeking Social Security disability benefits, the City of New York in a tort action, and Kansas state judges in their successful challenge of the constitutionality of state laws under the separation-of-powers doctrine.
Mr. Kreafle graduated from the University of Pennsylvania Law School, where he was a Dean's Fellow, received honors recognition for his legal writing, and was a Senior Editor of the Journal of Constitutional Law. He received his bachelor's degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he graduated with highest distinction and attended the university on a full-merit academic scholarship.
- Multinational financial services firms in connection with inquiries from the DOJ, FINRA, SEC, SROs, and other regulators.
- Major private company in connection with a fraud investigation conducted by the DOJ.
- Investment advisor facing allegations of insider trading by the SEC.
- Private and public companies in connection with global FCPA investigations.
- Public companies in connection with the design and implementation of FCPA and antitrust compliance programs.
- Public university in an investigation related to research misconduct.
- Multinational company in an antitrust matter.
- Director of multinational private equity firm in connection with litigation related to the liquidation of a hedge fund.
- JD, University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2013
- BA, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2010, highest distinction, Phi Beta Kappa
- New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York