Nils Kürten advises companies, entrepreneurs and high-net-worth individuals in connection with business restructurings and tax optimized wealth and estate planning. He also represents his clients in all tax and criminal tax law proceedings, in disputes with the tax authorities, in tax audits as well as in proceedings before German tax courts, including the German Federal Tax Court (Bundesfinanzhof).
As a certified tax lawyer, he focuses on national and international tax law as well as corporate law. Furthermore, Mr. Kürten specializes on all tax law aspects of restructuring and advising on corporate law issues relating to national and international M&A transactions, the restructuring of corporations as well as excise tax matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Kürten worked for a leading international auditing company, advising on corporate tax and legal issues.
Mr. Kürten regularly publishes articles on tax and corporate law.
- Private Individuals and several companies: in connection with voluntary tax disclosures in Germany and in tax disputes.
- Foreign manufacturing company: in customs investigation proceedings as well as in tax disclosures exempting it from fines and penalties.
- Second State Exam, North Rhine-Westphalia, 2012
- LLM, Victoria University of Wellington, 2010
- First State Exam, University of Cologne, 2008
- German Attorney, authorized to represent before all German Courts (except for the Federal Court of Justice in civil matters) and before the courts of the European Union.