Sean Laane is a retired partner who tried cases and litigated appeals for a variety of clients, including consumer product manufacturers, pharmaceutical and medical device companies, insurers, financial services companies, and nonprofit organizations. He focused on the defense of complex, multi-state litigation, including products liability and mass tort actions, consumer class actions, antitrust cases, and high-stakes commercial matters. Mr. Laane appeared in federal and state courts nationwide.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Laane served as a law clerk for the Honorable Cornelia G. Kennedy, US Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit.
- JD, University of Michigan Law School, 1988, magna cum laude
- MA, University of Illinois, 1985, cum laude
- BA, University of Illinois, 1983, cum laude
- District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- US Courts of Appeals for the Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Eighth, Tenth, Eleventh and District of Columbia Circuits
- United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, The Honorable Cornelia G. Kennedy