Jessica Laguerre assists corporate clients in complex commercial and product liability lawsuits. She also assists clients in responding to inquiries from financial regulatory authorities involving potential insider trading and antitrust matters.
Ms. Laguerre is also dedicated to mentorship and pro bono matters. Highlights of her pro bono work to date include successfully arguing before the Second Judicial Department regarding alleged spoliation of evidence and negotiating a favorable settlement for her client in a wrongful termination action.
Ms. Laguerre received her JD from Cornell Law School, where she served as a note editor on the Cornell Journal of Law and Public Policy. During law school, she interned with the Kings County District Attorney's office in New York City, where she second-chaired a homicide trial. Ms. Laguerre received her BS, cum laude, from Binghamton University, where she was a member of the Phi Eta Sigma national honor society.
- JD, Cornell Law School, 2014
- BS, Human Development, cum laude, State University of New York at Binghamton, 2009
- New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- US District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, Magistrate Judge Curtis Ivy, Jr.