Abigail Langsam's practice focuses on patent litigation, with a particular focus on the life sciences field. Ms. Langsam has represented clients in disputes relating to biologic drug products, small molecule pharmaceuticals, drug delivery technology, biofuels, telecommunications, and computer systems. She has represented both plaintiffs and defendants at every stage of litigation, including trial and appeal, and has practiced in state court, federal court and before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board. Ms. Langsam is also regularly called upon to advise on intellectual property aspects of corporate mergers and acquisitions, and is experienced in conducting patent due diligence investigations.
- Sandoz in connection with its Hyrimoz® drug product, a biosimilar to AbbVie Biotechnology’s Humira®. Ms. Langsam represented Sandoz in Inter Partes Review proceedings challenging Humira® patents, and in related Federal Circuit appeals. See, e.g., Sandoz Inc. v. AbbVie Biotechnology Ltd., IPR2017-02105, 02106; Sandoz Inc. v. AbbVie Biotechnology Ltd., Case 2018-2142 (Fed. Cir. 2018).
- Novartis in multiple Hatch-Waxman patent litigations relating to Novartis' Gleevec® drug product, indicated for the treatment of chronic myeloid leukemia. Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp. and Novartis AG v. Roxane Laboratories et al. (D. Del.).
- Time Warner Cable in patent litigation relating to on-demand television. Broadband iTV, Inc. v. Hawaiian Telcom, Inc., Oceanic Time Warner Cable LLC and Time Warner Cable, Inc. (D. Haw.).
- Novartis in patent litigation relating to leukemia immunotherapy with Chimeric Antigen Receptor modified T cells. Managed all discovery in this complex litigation. Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania and Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation v. St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Inc. and Juno Therapeutics, Inc. (E.D. Pa.).
- Pfizer in patent litigation concerning Pfizer's Celebrex® drug product. Worked extensively with experts and devised winning claim construction strategy. G.D. Searle LLC and Pfizer Asia Pacific PTE. LTD. v. Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc., et. al. (D. Va.).
- Sanofi-Aventis as a member of the trial team in patent litigation relating to Sanofi's Allegra® drug products. Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. v. Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd. et al. (D.N.J.).
- Vivelle Ventures, Noven Pharmaceuticals, and Novartis in Hatch-Waxman litigation concerning the Vivelle Dot® transdermal estradiol drug product. Vivelle Ventures, Noven Pharmaceuticals, and Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation v. Mylan Technologies, et al. (S.D.N.Y).
- Qinetiq Group in patent litigation relating to metal detector technology. Mednovus, Inc. and First Texas Holdings Corp. v. Qinetiq Group PLC et al. (C.D. Cal).
- Butamax and du Pont in patent litigation relating to biofuels technology. Butamax™ Advanced Biofuels LLC and du Pont de Nemours and Company v. Gevo, Inc. (D. Del).
- CLS Bank International in landmark patent litigation relating to computerized methods of exchanging financial obligations. CLS Bank International v. Alice Corporation PTY. LTD. (D.D.C.).
- Roche defendants in patent litigation relating to recombinant human erythropoietin therapy. Amgen v. F. Hoffman-La Roche Ltd., Roche Diagnostics Gmbh, and Hoffman-La Roche Inc. (D. Mass.).
- Pfizer in first Hatch-Waxman litigation concerning Pfizer's Celebrex® drug product. Pfizer Inc. et al. v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. (D.N.J.).
- JD, Fordham University School of Law, 2004, cum laude
- BA, Neuroscience, Wesleyan University, 1999
- New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York