Evi Li’s practice focuses on intellectual property litigation, primarily US District Court patent litigation, ITC Section 337 proceedings, Federal Circuit, and Inter Parte Reviews before USPTO. She represents small businesses to multinational large companies, both domestic and foreign. In addition to her great firsthand experience with all aspects of IP litigation, Ms. Li also has extensive experiences in counseling technology companies on various IP subjects, including intellectual property protections, patent licensing, patent litigation strategies, patent infringement and invalidity analysis, establishment of mechanism for trade secret protection, major joint research and development agreements, etc.
Furthermore, Ms. Li also has profound experience as being an in-house IP counsel at multinational corporations, including the largest electronics manufacturing company and one of the largest TFT-LCD panel manufacturers in the world, engaging in extensive patent litigation (including District Court, ITC 337 Investigation, and Federal Circuit cases), handling patent licensing with other major international technology companies, and establishing a trade secret protection mechanism.
Prior to the law school, Ms. Li had been studying computer science for 5 years. After being practicing for years as an intellectual property practitioner at prestigious law firms and IP counsel for major electronics corporations, Ms. Li has been handling cases and projects involving a wide range of technologies, including TCT-LCD, LED lights, computer hardware and software, cellphone designs, 3G/4G technologies, WiFi, Bluetooth, TV remote controls and STBs, camera modules, connectors, wireless charging technology, etc.
- Certain Pick-Up Truck Folding Bed Cover Systems and Components Thereof, Inv. No. 337-TA-1188 (USITC).
- Certain Electronic Devices, Including Streaming Players, Televisions, Set Top Boxes, Remote Controllers, and Components Thereof, Inv. No. 337-TA-1200 (USITC).
- Certain Televisions, Remote Controls, and Components Thereof, Inv. No. 337-TA-1263 (USITC).
- Certain Centrifuge Utility Platform and Falling Film Evaporator Systems and Components Thereof, Inv. No. 337-TA-1311 (USITC).
- Certain Digital Set-Top Boxes And Systems and Services Including the Same, Inv. No. 337-TA-1315 (USITC).
- Ely Holding Limited and Greenlite Glass Systems Inc. v. O’Keeffe’s Inc. d/b/a Safti First, Civil Action 3:18-cv-06721-JCS (N.D. Cal.).
- iGo, Inc. v. Cooler Master USA, Inc., Civil Action 8:19-cv-02416 (C.D. Cal.).
- Regents of the University of California, et al., v. LTI Flexible Products, Inc. d/b/a Boyd Corporation, Civil Action 5:20-cv-08686-WHO (N.D. Cal.).
- Tigo Energy Inc. v. SMA Solar Technology American LLC and SMA Solar Technology AG, Civil Action 1:22-cv-00915-GBW (D. Del.).
- Maxlite, Inc. v. Jiaxing Super Lighting Electric Appliance Co., Ltd, IPR2020-00162 (PTAB).
- Universal Electronics, Inc., Gemstar Technology (QinZhou) Co. Ltd., Gemstar Technology (YangZhou) Co. Ltd., C.G. Development Ltd., Universal Electronics BV, UEI Brasil Controles Remotes LTDA., and CG Mexico Remote Controls, S. DER.L. DECV. v. Roku, Inc., IPR2022-00818 (PTAB).
- Aavid Thermalloy LLC, v. Cooler Master Co., Ltd., Case No.: 21-1153, 21-1156, 21-1158, 21-1160, 21-1263, 21-1264, 21-1265, 21-1266 (Fed. Cir. 2020-2022).
- LLM, Intellectual Property, The George Washington University Law School, with highest honor
- JD, Case Western Reserve University School of Law
- LLM, University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- LLB, Chinese Cultural University School of Law, magna cum laude
- Information Management (Computer Science), National Taipei College of Business
- District of Columbia
- New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit