Colleen Lima's practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and white collar criminal matters in state and federal courts. Ms. Lima’s experience includes representing clients in both internal investigations and investigations initiated by federal and state prosecutors and regulators.
Ms. Lima also maintains an active pro bono practice. She currently represents residents of Baldwin, New York, whose homes were damaged during Superstorm Sandy.
Ms. Lima earned her JD from The George Washington University Law School, where she was a recipient of the Pro Bono Honors Recognition Award. During law school, Ms. Lima interned at Bristol-Myers Squibb, where she worked with in-house counsel on a variety of matters related to the False Claims Act (FCA), the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), the UK Anti-Bribery Act, general antitrust compliance, and gaining regulatory approval from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and other international regulatory agencies. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Lima also interned in the US Department of Justice’s Antitrust Division and served as a volunteer law clerk in the DC Superior Court’s Domestic Violence Unit.
Ms. Lima graduated from Georgetown University’s Walsh School of Foreign Service with a BSFS in International Affairs and certificate in International Development. Ms. Lima is fluent in English and French, and conversational in Portuguese and Spanish.
- Major accounting firm in connection with an accounting malpractice and fraud matter.
- New York area healthcare provider in connection with ERISA litigation brought by its former CEO in the Southern District of New York.
- Company in tortious interference, fraud, and unjust enrichment case pertaining to acquisition of shares that would have given the company a controlling stake in an international sporting organization.
- BSFS, Georgetown University, 2010
- JD, The George Washington University Law School, 2013
- New York
Member, New York State Bar Association
Member, New York County Lawyers’ Association
Member, New York City Bar Association