Colleen Lima’s practice focuses on corporate internal investigations, white-collar criminal defense, and complex commercial litigation. Ms. Lima has represented individuals and companies in investigations by the US Department of Justice, the US Securities and Exchange Commission, the Brazilian Public Prosecutor’s Office, and other state prosecutors and regulatory authorities.
Ms. Lima also has advised companies facing investigations and enforcement actions involving the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and other anti-corruption laws. She also has experience evaluating compliance programs and counseling companies on compliance issues.
Ms. Lima maintains an active pro bono practice focused on representing victims of domestic violence in family court and education reform litigation.
Ms. Lima earned her JD from The George Washington University Law School, where she was a recipient of the Pro Bono Honors Recognition Award. During law school, Ms. Lima interned at the US Department of Justice (Antitrust Division) and Bristol Myers-Squibb Company. She also served as a volunteer law clerk in the DC Superior Court’s Domestic Violence Unit.
Ms. Lima graduated from Georgetown University’s Walsh School of Foreign Service with a BSFS in International Affairs and certificate in International Development.
Ms. Lima is fluent in English and French, and conversational in Portuguese and Spanish.
- Multinational company in internal, DOJ, and SEC investigations into alleged violations of the FCPA.
- Major accounting firm in connection with an accounting malpractice and fraud matter.
- New York area healthcare provider in connection with ERISA litigation brought by its former CEO in the Southern District of New York.
- Company in tortious interference, fraud, and unjust enrichment case pertaining to acquisition of shares that would have given the company a controlling stake in an international sporting organization.
- BSFS, Georgetown University, 2010
- JD, The George Washington University Law School, 2013
- New York
Member, New York State Bar Association
Member, New York County Lawyers’ Association
Member, New York City Bar Association