Dr. Yuhe Liu focuses on patent drafting and prosecution, patent portfolio management, patent invalidity and noninfringement analyses, and freedom-to-operate assessments. He assists clients across a wide array of technologies, including plant breeding and genetics, plant biotechnology, big data analytics, machine learning (ML), and artificial intelligence (AI).
Prior to joining the firm, Dr. Liu was a patent agent at another large international law firm. Before that, he was a quantitative geneticist at Hi Fidelity Genetics and a senior molecular biologist at Dow AgroSciences. Dr. Liu earned his PhD in Crop Sciences and his MS in Statistics from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He received his BS in Agronomy from China Agricultural University.
Dr. Liu is registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. He is a native speaker of Mandarin Chinese.
- PhD, Crop Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2014
- MS, Statistics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2012
- BS, Agronomy, China Agricultural University, 2008
- *Not admitted to the practice of law
- US Patent and Trademark Office