Brian Lohan's practice encompasses all aspects of corporate reorganizations, bankruptcy, and insolvency. He has experience representing Chapter 11 debtors, noteholders, bondholders, senior lenders, and other creditor constituencies. Resident in Chicago, he also spends significant time in the firm's New York office.
In 2017, Mr. Lohan was selected to the American Bankruptcy Institute's inaugural "40 under 40" list, which recognizes bankruptcy, insolvency, and restructuring professionals from around the world. Most recently, he was named to Turnaround & Workouts’ 2018 list of Outstanding Young Restructuring Lawyers and was also awarded with the International Law Office 2018 Client Choice Award for "excellent client care."
Mr. Lohan has been an adjunct professor at The John Marshall Law School in Chicago, Illinois, teaching Bankruptcy Law.
- AT&T, as national counsel, in a wide variety of restructurings, including, among others, RadioShack, Goodman Networks Inc. and Filip Technologies.
- Controlling class of noteholders of Zohar III Corp. in the Zohar III Chapter 11 case and in other litigation.
- Dynegy Holdings, LLC and certain of its subsidiaries in their Chapter 11 case.
- Administrators of Karhoo Inc. in their Chapter 15 case.
- Smurfit-Stone Container Corporation and its affiliated debtors in their Chapter 11 case.
- R.H. Donnelley, Inc. and its subsidiaries (n/k/a Dex Media) in their Chapter 11 case. Neenah Enterprises, Inc. and its affiliated debtors in their Chapter 11 case.
- Pliant Corporation and its affiliated debtors in their 2006 Chapter 11 case.
- Sea Containers, Ltd. and its joint provisional liquidators in liquidation proceedings and Chapter 11 case. Meridian Automotive Systems, Inc. in their Chapter 11 case.
- Ad hoc committee of senior secured noteholders holding approximately $630 million of bonds in connection with Blockbuster Inc.’s Chapter 11 case.
- Unsecured creditor group in Sentinel Management Group, Inc.’s Chapter 11 case.
- Official committee of unsecured creditors in Powerwave Technologies’ Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 cases.
- Official committee of unsecured creditors in Allied System’s Chapter 11 case.
- Official committee of unsecured creditors in Ryan International Airlines’ Chapter 11 case.
- JD, Northwestern University School of Law
- BS, DePaul University
- New York
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois