Jeffrey London advises public and private companies in all areas of compensation design, including implementation of equity, equity-based and non-equity-based compensation arrangements, such as stock option plans, performance share plans, deferred compensation plans, restricted stock plans, phantom stock plans, gain-sharing programs and other types of short-term and long-term incentive programs. He counsels boards of directors and compensation committees in structuring compensation programs and agreements for themselves and their executive officers, and negotiates employment and severance agreements and serves as "agent" on behalf of senior level executive officers.
Mr. London also designs and implements qualified pension and profit-sharing plans (e.g., ESOPs, 401(k) plans, cash balance plans, defined benefit plans and profit-sharing plans), and counsels clients on the regulatory and administrative requirements of maintaining qualified plans. He advises clients on all aspects of welfare benefit plan design and administration, such as health insurance programs, long-term disability programs, long-term care programs and severance arrangements, including counseling on such varied issues as COBRA, HIPAA, VEBAs, flexible-spending accounts and cafeteria plans.
Mr. London has represented clients in all aspects of ERISA litigation, including benefit claims, fiduciary breaches, and multi-employer pension plan withdrawal liability disputes.
In 2012, Mr. London was inducted as a fellow into the American College of Employee Benefits Counsel.
- JD, Duke University School of Law, 1984, with honors
- MBA, Duke University, 1984
- BA, Sociology, Haverford College, 1980
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- US Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Member, National Association of Stock Plan Professionals
- Member, National Association of Corporate Directors
- Chair (1997-1998), Chicago Bar Association, Employee Benefits Committee
- Arbitrator, Circuit Court of Cook County
- Fellow, American College of Employee Benefits Counsel