Matthew Maccoby practices in complex business transactions, with a focus on outsourcing and technology, corporate matters, and hotel and real estate deals.
Mr. Maccoby has represented clients in information technology and business process outsourcing transactions for more than 20 years. He has advised customers and suppliers in dozens of such transactions in the automotive, aviation, computer, education, employment verification, financial services, hospitality, pharmaceutical, shipping, and other industries. His experience includes the full life cycle of transactions, including "green field" outsourcings, renegotiations, amendments, renewals, and terminations. He also advises clients in connection with the purchase, sale, licensing, and distribution of technology.
Mr. Maccoby's corporate experience includes mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity investments, strategic alliances, corporate reorganizations, and supply chain contracts. He serves as General Counsel of The Davidson Group, the family office that manages all the business and philanthropic affairs of Robert and Janice Davidson, the founders of the software company that developed the Math Blaster educational software and produced the Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo video games.
Mr. Maccoby also has extensive experience with hospitality and real estate transactions. He has been involved in the purchase, development, financing, management and sale of hotels, the outsourcing of hotel call centers, and the negotiation of hotel supply contracts. In addition, he has represented clients in the formation and termination of joint ventures relating to the development of large real estate projects.
- One of the world's largest hospitality companies in the outsourcing of its United States and international call centers to India, the Philippines, and Bulgaria.
- One of the world's largest automotive companies in connection with the outsourcing of its procurement function.
- Major US airline when it outsourced maintenance of its airframes and engines.
- Affiliated providers of employment verification services and mortgage verification services in connection with the outsourcing of their core business functions to India and the Philippines, and subsequent amendments of those outsourcing arrangements.
- Large international brewer in connection with its outsourcing of its United States and European data centers; mainframe, midrange and desktop computing environments; voice and data network management; supplication maintenance and development; and help desks.
- Intermodal shipping and transportation company in connection with its agreement to provide services to an affiliate it was selling.
- One of the world's largest automotive companies in connection with the creation of a remanufacturing program for hybrid car batteries.
- Large United States bank in connection with the development and implementation of a commercial payment system for the maritime shipping industry.
- Supplier of nutritional supplements and weight loss products in the development, maintenance, and hosting of a new e-commerce platform, and the subsequent roll-out of that platform to its distributors.
- Designer and manufacturer of custom automated assembly equipment in the negotiation of equipment sale transactions, and in disputes regarding the technical performance of the equipment.
Outsourcing (Nationwide) (2006-2013)
- JD, Yale Law School, 1988
- BA, Yale University, 1982