Will Madden focuses his practice on internal and government investigations and whistleblower litigation. His primary experience has involved representing both major prescription drug manufacturers and individual clients in qui tam False Claims Act litigation involving allegations of healthcare fraud, including off-label promotion, anti-kickback statute violations and other issues related to sales and marketing practices.
Mr. Madden's pro bono experience includes representing accused clients who are financially unable to retain counsel in federal criminal proceedings and advocacy for deaf clients in Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) litigation against local government entities. During the COVID-19 pandemic, he has co-led the firm's team of New York attorneys assisting members of the community with applications for public benefits.
Mr. Madden graduated from Fordham University School of Law, where he served as a Notes & Articles Editor for the Urban Law Journal.
- Major prescription drug manufacturer in government investigation and related internal investigation involving nationwide sales and marketing practices.
- Major prescription drug manufacturer in qui tam litigation brought by government and relator, alleging kickbacks to physicians through speaker programs in connection with various cardiovascular medications.
- Major prescription drug manufacturer in qui tam litigation by government and relator, alleging kickbacks to specialty pharmacies in connection with various medications.
- Individual client in government investigation involving alleged kickbacks by major prescription drug manufacturer in the form of charitable donations to co-pay foundations.
- Multiple individual clients in municipal corruption investigation by New York District Attorney's Office.
- Defense contractors in qui tam litigation and government investigations involving False Claims Act issues.
- JD, Fordham University School of Law, 2013
- BA, Tufts University, 2008, cum laude
- New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York