Samantha Martin provides policy guidance to a range of clients to advance their policy objectives before Congress and the Executive Branch on issues related to various industries including trade, energy, telecommunications, and financial services. Ms. Martin has worked on behalf of several foreign and domestic manufacturers to educate US policymakers and engage other stakeholders in trade enforcement law and policy issues. She also provides strategic counsel to clients who are developing large-scale advocacy events, as well as those in need of rapid-response crisis management efforts.
Additionally, as part of her narrower policy practice, Ms. Martin can offer counsel on a range of relevant issues, including appropriations, energy, workforce development, transportation, and federal grants. She also serves as the Women in Government Relations Co-Chair of the PACs, Politics, and Grassroots Task Force.
Prior to her time at the firm, Ms. Martin worked as a consultant for the Carlyle Group and also interned for members in both the House of Representatives and the US Senate.
- Major association in restoring more than $80 million through appropriations for a NASA program that the president's budget proposed to cut.
- Well-known nonprofit organization in organizing a large pro bono advocacy day.
- Top public research university in securing an appointment of an official to the National Advisory Council on Innovation and Entrepreneurship, which directly reports to the Secretary of Commerce.
- Top technology company in engineering a rapid response plan to help minimize scrutiny.
- BA, Clemson University, magna cum laude
- *Not admitted to the practice of law