John Mezzanotte counsels clients on internal and government investigations, white collar criminal defense, civil and regulatory litigation concerning securities and financial transactions, and complex commercial litigation. Mr. Mezzanotte helps clients respond quickly and efficiently to government investigations, evaluating allegations, reviewing evidence, assessing risk, and identifying tactics to achieve the most appropriate results. He has represented individuals and companies in investigations by the Department of Justice, the Securities and Exchange Commission, United States Attorney's Offices, and other state prosecutors and regulatory authorities.
- Hospital and parent health care system in conducting an independent investigation, responding to multiple enforcement investigations and regulatory reviews, and overseeing the response to extensive media scrutiny and congressional and legislative inquiries following allegations in the national press that patient care in the hospital's heart transplant program was compromised to improve survival statistics.
- Construction contractor in responding to federal investigation related to alleged price fixing.
- The special committee of the board of a global financial services company in responding to and investigating a stockholder litigation demand.
- JD, Villanova University School of Law, 2014, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- BS, Boston College, 2009
- New York
- New Jersey
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York, The Honorable Dora L. Irizarry
- US District Court, Northern District of Georgia, The Honorable William S. Duffey, Jr.