Caitlin Martini Mika focuses her practice in general litigation, and has represented clients in product liability, consumer fraud, breach of contract, and mechanics' lien matters. Ms. Mika has experience in all phases of litigation, including handling all phases of the discovery process, authoring dispositive motions, and effectively representing clients at trial. Ms. Mika also maintains an active pro bono practice. Recently, she was part of a team which succeeded in securing a groundbreaking settlement and consent decree to help ensure homeless students have basic access to public education in St. Louis, Missouri.
Ms. Mika graduated with a BA in Political Science and Spanish from the University of Illinois in 2011 and received her JD from Northwestern University School of Law in 2014, where she served as an Associate Editor of the Northwestern University Law Review. Ms. Mika also volunteers through Tutoring Chicago, where she provides tutoring to economically disadvantaged elementary school students.
- Pharmaceutical manufacturer in multi-district and multi-state litigation involving alleged fraudulent marketing.
- Pharmaceutical manufacturer in product liability litigation, including an MDL, involving claims related to Testosterone Replacement Therapy products defending against claims of heart attack, stroke, and related cardiac issues (national defense counsel team).
- Major tobacco company as team member in Philip Morris USA: Hunter v. PM USA (Alaska), a retrial of a wrongful death action involving claims of product liability and fraud against Philip Morris USA. The case was tried in the Fall of 2016, and resulted in a jury deadlocked 8-4 in favor of Philip Morris USA. In the Spring of 2018, the case was retried and resulted in a full defense verdict (team member).
- Cortland Capital Market Services LLC in mechanics' lien adversary proceeding involving claims of lien priority, on behalf of the administrative and collateral agent for a debtor.
- Robert Bosch Tool Corporation and Robert Bosch GmbH in a trade secret, correction of inventorship of patent, and breach of contract case related to power tool accessories, packaging, and measuring devices.
- J.D., Northwestern University School of Law, 2014
- B.A., University of Illinois, 2011, cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- Volunteer/Tutor, Tutoring Chicago