Jessica Monahan is an innovative thinker who has extensive experience working with nonprofit, public and private sector clients on a variety of matters related to transportation, technology, appropriations, trade, tax, energy and climate policies. From grassroots advocacy to comprehensive government affairs, Ms. Monahan provides clients tailored advice and strategies for accomplishing their goals.
Throughout her career, Ms. Monahan has gained a deep understanding of the federal budget process and utilized appropriations and authorizing legislation to address client priorities. Additionally, Ms. Monahan has helped clients secure federal grants and navigate the complexities of the federal regulatory process in order to achieve their business objectives.
Ms. Monahan established herself as an expert on transportation and infrastructure funding and policy during her time as the Associate Legislative Director at the National Association of Counties. In that capacity, Ms. Monahan represented the nation’s 3,069 counties and their elected officials during the drafting and passage of the Fixing America's Surface Transportation Act or FAST Act. Her efforts yielded billions of dollars for county roads, bridges and transit authorities. Additionally, Ms. Monahan helped counties strengthen their intergovernmental relationship with the Obama Administration through partnership with the White House and Department of Transportation.
Earlier in her career, Ms. Monahan worked for Sens. Mark Dayton (D-MN) and Russ Feingold (D-WI), helping to serve the people from Minnesota and advocate for campaign finance reform. She also spent time representing local governments, Fortune 500 businesses and nonprofit organizations at two other government affairs firms.
- Professional Nonprofit Theater Coalition in establishing a Washington presence and successfully advocating for access to more than $15 billion in COVID relief funding to support venues shuttered as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Multiple trade associations in providing strategic advice for establishing and developing a federal government relations organization and plan.
- Industry-leading international technology companies in providing strategic advice and securing appropriations language on their behalf.
- Transportation companies and organizations in navigating and participating in the drafting, passage and enactment of the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act.
- BA, Political Science, University of Wisconsin—Madison, 2008, Pi Sigma Alpha–National Political Science Honors Society, Order of Omega, Certificate of Academic Achievement
- *Not admitted to the practice of law