Daphne Morduchowitz focuses on financial services litigation, white collar defense, and complex commercial litigation. Ms. Morduchowitz has extensive experience representing individual officers and directors of large publicly traded corporations in both federal and state courts, as well as in connection with regulatory investigations.
- Joy Global Inc., in a class action securities case alleging violations of Section 14(a), Rule 14a-9 and Section 20(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 in connection with proxy disclosure of financial projections in connection with the acquisition of Joy Global by Komatsu, Ltd. (E.D. Wisconsin) (2017-2018).
- Members of the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of SFX Entertainment, Inc. in a securities class action alleging 10b-5 and control person claims relating to a proposed going-private transaction. Guevoura Fund Ltd. v. Sillerman et al., Case No. 1:15-cv-07192-CM (S.D.N.Y.).
- Sandoz, Inc. in an action brought by venture capitalists alleging securities and common law causes of action.
- Hedge Fund in an action alleging breach of an agreement to trade shares of an illiquid company.
- Kenneth Cole Productions, Inc. in consolidated shareholder class action litigation in connection with Kenneth Cole's proposal to acquire all outstanding shares of the company. In Re Kenneth Cole Productions, Inc. Shareholder Litigation (New York State Supreme Court, New York County) (2013-2016).
- Former officer and director of AIG in consolidated derivative litigation. In Re American International Group, Inc. Derivative Litigation (S.D.N.Y.) (2005-2011).
- Former officer and director of AIG in a civil enforcement action commenced by the SEC. Securities and Exchange Commission v. Maurice R. Greenberg and Howard I. Smith (S.D.N.Y.) (2009).
- Former officer and director of AIG in ERISA class action litigation. In Re AIG ERISA Litigation (S.D.N.Y.) (2005-2008).
- Plaintiff in an action asserting constitutional claims and claims under the Religious Land Use & Institutionalized Persons Act (RLUIPA). The Roman Catholic Diocese of Rockville Centre, New York v. The Incorporated Village of Old Westbury (E.D.N.Y.) (2009-2018).
- Current and former officers of rating agency and bank in connection with various government investigations of structured financial products.
- Ad Hoc Group of Senior Term Lenders of iHeartMedia,Inc. in litigation associated with bankruptcy proceeding.
Financial Services: Litigation (2019)
- JD, New York University School of Law, 2005
- BA, Columbia University, 2000
- New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- Member, Pro Bono Advisory Council, New York Lawyers for the Public Interest
- Member, Advisory Council of the Orthodox Jewish Matrimonial Project run by Sanctuary for Families