Shannon Morrissey is an environmental and natural resources associate. Ms. Morrissey has experience representing small and large clients on a wide variety of permitting, compliance, enforcement and litigation matters, including Clean Water Act citizen suits, hazardous waste investigations, and eminent domain litigation. She has extensive experience with the Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, CERCLA, the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), and the California Mitigation Fee Act. She has worked closely with agency representatives from the California Department of Toxic Substances Control, the California State Water Control Board and various Regional Water Boards, and California District Attorney Offices to reach agreement on compliance and enforcement matters. In addition to compliance and enforcement matters, Ms. Morrissey has worked on due diligence projects for various clients, including solar and mining companies.
- DTSC Redevelopment Approvals. Represented major residential and commercial developer in obtaining approvals for remediation and redevelopment construction at site in Emeryville, California. Issues at the site include vapor intrusion mitigation and compliance with deed restrictions.
- Regional Water Board Redevelopment and Petition. Represented corporate client in connection with deed restrictions and soil management plan at a Mountain View redevelopment. Successfully petitioned Regional Water Board to reduce mandates imposed under Water Code section 13267 Letter.
- Contaminated Site Redevelopment Transaction. Represented client in major transaction at the Sacramento Railyards, and assisted with environmental diligence and analysis for redevelopment. Issues at the site include vapor intrusion mitigation and compliance with land use covenants.
- JD, University of California, Davis, 2015
- BA, Criminology; Environmental Studies, University of Florida, 2012, summa cum laude
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US District Court, Eastern District of California
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- Executive Committee, Bar Association of San Francisco - Barrister's Environmental, Land Use and Real Estate Section