Michael Mulitz is a retired partner whose practice focused on commercial, cargo and private jet aircraft transactions, with broad experience in the structuring, drafting and negotiation of acquisition, financing and leasing transactions and portfolio acquisitions and sales, including tax-based leveraged and cross-border leasing, operating leases, PDP financings, portfolio securitizations, portfolio management and servicing arrangements, part-out and consignment facilities, maintenance (MRO) agreements, Ex-Im Bank/ECA supported financings and restructurings, on behalf of banks, leasing companies, financial institutions, hedge and private equity funds and other companies acting as debt and equity participants, lenders, lessors, lessees, operating lessors, owner trustees, indenture/loan trustees, guarantors, airframe and engine manufacturers, management and remarketing agents and purchasers and sellers of equipment involving commercial, private and cargo aircraft and aircraft engines and spare parts. He also has extensive experience in fleet financing, acquisition and financing of private jet aircraft and helicopters, fractional interest ownership, time sharing and card membership programs.
Mr. Mulitz, with more than 30 years of experience, is internationally recognized for commercial aviation finance and leasing transactions. He has been a regular speaker for many years at aviation-related conferences, including those sponsored by AirFinance Journal, the Airline Economics' Growth Frontiers Dublin Conference and the International Centre for Business Information's Geneva International Aviation Forum. He has organized and chaired many conferences on Commercial Aircraft Finance Transactions and Corporate Jet Finance Transactions.
Mr. Mulitz is co-author of the Practitioners' Guide to the Cape Town Convention and the Aircraft Protocol (originally published in 2011, and subsequently updated in 2012 and 2015), produced by the Aviation Working Group's Legal Advisory Panel. He is on the Board of Editors for the LJN's Equipment Leasing Newsletter and frequently writes articles on aviation finance and leasing for various publications. He is a member of the Legal Advisory Panel to the Aviation Working Group for the Cape Town Convention, ABA, NBAA and ISTAT.
- LLM, New York University School of Law, 1979
- JD, American University Washington College of Law, 1978
- BS, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business, 1975, cum laude
- New York
- Member, Legal Advisory Panel to the Aviation Working Group for the Cape Town Convention and the Aircraft Protocol
- Member, National Business Aviation Association
- Member, International Society of Transport Aircraft Trading
- Member, Aeronautics Committee, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Member, Aircraft Finance Subcommittee and Air and Space Law Committee, American Bar Association
- Member, International Bar Association
- Member, California Bar Association
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Former member, ELA Legal Committee, Equipment Leasing Association
- Board of Editors, LJN's Equipment Leasing Newsletter