Ross H. Neihaus represents clients in all facets of commercial litigation. His matters have involved a wide array of topics, including consumer fraud, false advertising, securities fraud, data privacy, breach of contract, common law fraud, and other business torts. He has experience in state and federal courts, private mediations, internal investigations, federal regulatory proceedings, and university proceedings.
Mr. Neihaus also provides pro bono services for community legal organizations. He currently is Board Chair of the Chicago Alliance Against Sexual Exploitation, through which he represents survivors of sexual assault and exploitation. He also has helped clients procure orders of protection through the Circuit Court of Cook County's Pro Bono Program.
After receiving a favorable jury verdict in a pro bono case, the Court commended counsel's "admirable work on this case" and stated that "counsel's representation overall was superb."
Mr. Neihaus graduated cum laude from Northwestern University School of Law, where he was awarded the Northwestern University Public Service Award.
- BP in business and individual claims arising from Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Multinational telecommunications company in federal regulatory proceeding.
- For-profit university in case brought by the Federal Trade Commission alleging false advertising.
- Foodservice distributor in federal regulatory action involving allegations of mislabeling.
- For-profit university in case alleging violation of federal securities laws.
- Private equity firm (plaintiff) in case alleging fraud and breach of contract in connection with purchase of a portfolio company.
- Pharmaceutical manufacturer in case brought by federal and state government agencies alleging violation of the federal False Claims Act and various state laws.
- Former CEO following restatement of company’s financial statements and subsequent bankruptcy filing.
- Pro bono client in § 1983 civil rights action alleging officers used excessive force against client during arrest.
- Survivors of sexual assault and exploitation in their interactions with criminal justice system, in state agency proceedings, and in university disciplinary proceedings.
- Survivors of domestic violence in proceedings to obtain Orders of Protection.
- JD, International Law Concentration, Northwestern University School of Law, 2010, cum laude
- BS, University of California, Los Angeles, 2004
Board Chair, Chicago Alliance Against Sexual Assault (CAASE)
Member, Decalogue Society of Lawyers
- Member, Young Leadership Division, Jewish Federation