Sara Niazi's practice focuses on investment management and private investment funds. Ms. Niazi represents managers and advisers to hedge funds and private equity funds in connection with the formation and ongoing offering of interests in funds. She also advises clients with respect to regulatory compliance matters under the Investment Advisers Act, the Investment Company Act and the rules and regulations of the Securities and Exchange Commission. In addition, Ms. Niazi advises institutional investors in connection with potential investments in private equity, hedge, venture capital and real estate funds. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Niazi worked in the in-house legal department of a leading global institutional asset manager, where she primarily focused on contractual matters. Ms. Niazi began her career as an associate in the New York office of a large international law firm, where she worked on a variety of corporate transactional, investment management, and regulatory matters.
- Private equity fund manager and family office in the formation of private equity funds and funds of funds.
- Hedge fund and private equity fund managers in the establishment of U.S. and international distribution arrangements.
- Institutional investors, private foundation and Native American Indian tribe in the legal review of private equity, hedge, venture capital and real estate fund investments.
- Real estate fund adviser in the creation of an expense allocation policy.
- Private equity and real estate fund managers in the negotiation of non-disclosure agreements.
- JD, The George Washington University Law School, 2010, with honors
- AB, Dartmouth College, 2006
- New York