Erika Norman focuses primarily on complex civil and environmental litigation and enforcement matters and regulatory counseling under the Clean Air Act. Ms. Norman counsels clients regarding the Renewable Fuel Standard program administered by US EPA under the Clean Air Act. Ms. Norman has litigated in both federal and state court. She represents clients in consumer class action lawsuits, citizen suit actions, and natural resource damages claims. She also has experience representing clients in matters arising under the Clean Water Act; Oil Pollution Act; and Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Norman served as a law clerk to the Honorable Charles F. Lettow, United States Court of Federal Claims. She was a summer associate at Arnold & Porter in 2008.
Ms. Norman graduated first in her class from the University of Oregon School of Law and was elected to the Order of the Coif. Ms. Norman served as an Articles Editor of the Oregon Law Review. She graduated cum laude from Middlebury College with a BA in history and minors in physics and economics.
- Biofuels producer and trade association in various EPA regulatory proceedings under the Clean Air Act, including concerning the Renewable Fuel Standard and Reid Vapor Pressure (RVP) limits on fuel blends.
- Vehicle manufacturers in Clean Air Act and California compliance and enforcement matters, including negotiations with California Air Resources Board over engine certification, AECD strategies, labeling issues, and penalties.
- Fortune 100 company in connection with cleanup at several Superfund sites, and in litigation under CERCLA and state cost recovery statutes.
- California county in defending preemption and police powers litigation over voter initiative restricting application of biosolids on agricultural land.
- BP in natural resource damages, Clean Water Act, and private property claims settlement matters relating to the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
- JD, University of Oregon School of Law, 2009, Order of the Coif
- BA, Middlebury College, 2006, cum laude
- District of Columbia
- US Court of Federal Claims
- United States Court of Federal Claims, The Honorable Charles Lettow
- Member, Board of Directors, California Women's Law Center
- Member, Young Alumnae Council, Marlborough School, Los Angeles