Joan Ochs counsels government contractors in a broad range of industries on matters involving contract performance, administration and compliance issues. Ms. Ochs has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions and capital markets transactions involving government contractors, including due diligence reviews. She also has conducted internal investigations and compliance reviews; defended companies involved in federal government investigations and audits; and counseled companies on enhancing their corporate compliance programs, policies and procedures. She counsels prime contractors and subcontractors of all sizes, from FORTUNE 100 companies to small businesses, dedicated government contractors and commercial companies, and US and foreign entities doing business with the US Government.
Ms. Ochs has represented contractors during all stages of the contract disputes process, including preparation of requests for equitable adjustment, claims, appeals before agency boards of contract appeals, and alternative dispute resolution proceedings. She has represented companies in civilian and military debarment and suspension proceedings.
Ms. Ochs' practice also includes counseling companies, including non-profit organizations, that receive federal grant and subgrant awards from agencies, including the US Agency for International Development, the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and other agencies within the Department of Transportation, Department of Health and Human Services (Race to the Top program), the National Institutes of Health, Department of Commerce and Department of Defense.
- Computer Sciences Corporation on government contracts and regulatory issues in its acquisition of SRA International Inc.
- Harris Corp. on government contracts and regulatory issues in its $4.4 billion acquisition of Exelis.
- RLJ Equity Partners, LLC, an affiliate of The RLJ Companies, in its acquisition of Phase One Consulting Group, LLC.
- CPA US Holdings, Inc. on government contracts issues in its acquisition of Landon IP Inc.
- SAIC on government contracts issues in its $790 million acquisition of Scitor.
- DC Capital Partners, a private equity fund, and its portfolio companies, (including Michael Baker Corporation and National Interest Security Corporation) on government contracts issues in numerous acquisitions, divestitures and financing matters.
- Armor Works in its sale to a private equity firm and related bankruptcy proceedings.
- National Security Partners, LLC in its acquisition of LMN Solutions.
- General Atlantic Service Company, LLC and Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. in their acquisition of TASC, formerly a division of Northrop Grumman.
- Finnmeccanica SpA in its $5.2 billion acquisition of DRS Technologies.
- JD, The George Washington University Law School, 1981
- BA, Northwestern University, 1978
- District of Columbia
Member, American Bar Association, Public Contract Law Section
Member, District of Columbia Bar