Christine O'Connell represents major investment banks, private equity funds, and other institutional lenders in the origination, acquisition, disposition, and restructuring of both mortgage and mezzanine construction, bridge, balance sheet, and securitized loans and preferred equity investments in connection with the acquisition, development, redevelopment, and refinancing of various asset classes throughout the United States.
In addition, Ms. O'Connell advises clients on structuring and negotiating complex loan transactions, from loan origination to the restructuring and work out of, and the exercise of remedies (including foreclosures and deed in lieu of foreclosure arrangements) under, such loans. Ms. O'Connell has experience working on the formation of joint ventures, corporations, limited partnerships, and limited liability companies in connection with her representation of developers, investors, property managers, and hotel owners in a variety of transactions that include the purchase, sale, and financing of various real estate assets.
- Major investment bank:
- in the origination and disposition of a $500 million mortgage and multiple-layered mezzanine financing of certain office buildings leased to a top tier technology company in Silicon Valley, California;
- in the origination and disposition of a $475 million mortgage and multiple-layered mezzanine financing of an office condominium located in San Francisco, California;
- in a $133 million mortgage and mezzanine financing of the redevelopment of an office tower in Chicago, Illinois; and
- in a $160 million CMBS mortgage financing of a hotel in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Commercial real estate finance company:
- in a $185 million mortgage and mezzanine financing of the ground-up construction of The Spire, a 41-story residential condominium in Seattle, Washington;
- in a $70 million mortgage and mezzanine financing of the ground-up construction of a mixed-use office building in Redwood City, California;
- in a $46 million mezzanine construction loan to finance the construction of a creative-use office building in Los Angeles, California;
- in a $135 million mortgage and mezzanine bridge loan to finance the redevelopment of two historic office properties in San Francisco, California; and
- in a $95 million financing of a 20-property industrial portfolio.
- Major investment banks in a $640 million first mortgage financing of a portfolio of 70 mobile home communities.
- Major private equity fund in a $107 million Sharia-compliant first mortgage A and B note financing of an office building in Newark, New Jersey.
- Private equity real estate investment fund, Borrower representations:
- in a $16 million construction loan from M&T Bank for the development of a property located in Lakeland, Florida;
- in a $33 million construction loan from US Bank, secured by a property located on E. 43rd St. in New York, New York; and
- in a $25.3 million construction loan from M&T Bank secured by a property located on W. 36th St. in New York, New York.
- JD, New York Law School, 2007, cum laude
- BA, College of the Holy Cross, 2002
- New York