Mark Osmond's practice focuses on complex civil litigation, including mass tort and environmental litigation. Before joining the firm, Mr. Osmond served as a law clerk to the Honorable Sandra L. Townes of the Eastern District of New York and as a law clerk to the Honorable James L. Cott of the Southern District of New York.
Mr. Osmond spent approximately three years as an Assistant Corporation Counsel in the Labor and Employment Law Division of the New York City Law Department. In that position, he defended City agencies and officials against claims brought by municipal employees in state and federal court. He successfully argued numerous dispositive motions, conducted several depositions, and first-chaired a five-day evidentiary hearing in state court.
Mr. Osmond received his juris doctor from the University of Michigan Law School, where he was an Associate Editor on the Michigan Journal of Law Reform. He also holds a master's degree in international affairs from Columbia University and a bachelor’s degree in philosophy from the University of Michigan.
- JD, University of Michigan Law School, 2013, cum laude
- MIA, Columbia University, 2010
- BA, University of Michigan, 2006, high distinction
- New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York, The Honorable James L. Cott
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York, The Honorable Sandra L. Townes