Laura Pacifici's practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and white collar defense. Ms. Pacifici represents clients in commercial disputes in federal and state court, including those involving deceptive business practices, data security and privacy, fraud, product liability, and breach of contract claims. She also counsels corporations and individuals facing investigations and prosecutions by federal and state authorities. Ms. Pacifici maintains an active pro bono practice.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Pacifici served as a law clerk to the Honorable Harry T. Edwards of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
Ms. Pacifici earned her JD from New York University School of Law, cum laude, where she was a Dean's Scholar, served as an Executive Editor of the New York University Law Review, and was a Fellow with the Center on the Administration of Criminal Law. While in law school, Ms. Pacifici interned in the Civil and Criminal Divisions of the United States Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York. She earned her BA from Brown University, magna cum laude, where she was elected to Phi Beta Kappa.
- Major pharmaceutical company in AAA arbitration involving breach of contract claim regarding the conduct of clinical trials. Obtained declaratory judgment that pharmaceutical company did not owe milestone payments under the contract.
- National food retailer in investigation, litigation, and favorable settlement of a lawsuit brought by a state attorney general alleging failure to protect consumer data security and privacy.
- Major pharmaceutical company in multiple product liability actions involving prescription medication.
- Major art auction house in litigation involving allegations of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty with respect to the purchase and sale of art masterpieces.
- Global manufacturing company in Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigation conducted by the Department of Justice regarding allegations of bribe payments to foreign government officials in efforts to win government contracts.
- Individual criminal defendants in Criminal Justice Act Panel matters in the Southern District of New York.
- Multiple companies in investigation into anti-money laundering and sanctions matters conducted by the US Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations.
- JD, New York University School of Law, 2016, cum laude
- BA, Political Science, Brown University, 2011, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- New York
- US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit, The Honorable Harry T. Edwards