Ms. Parver is an experienced trial lawyer whose practice concentrated in the area of civil and white collar litigation and internal investigations. She represented Fortune 500 companies, individuals, and public entities in a broad range of civil and criminal matters, trials, and appeals in state and federal courts, as well as federal and state agency proceedings. Ms. Parver regularly counseled clients on board governance issues, compliance issues and internal problems, developed corporate codes of conduct, and conducted internal investigations. Her practice also included pro bono litigation.
Ms. Parver was the Executive Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York from 1983 to 1985, as well as Chief of the Public Corruption Unit and Chief of the Major Crimes Unit. During her tenure (1976-1985), she received the distinguished Director's Award for Superior Performance as an Assistant United States Attorney, as well as awards from the Internal Revenue Service and the Drug Enforcement Administration.
In 1985, Ms. Parver was a member of the Liman Commission, which investigated allegations concerning New York City Medical Examiner Dr. Elliot Gross.
From 1994 to 2006, Ms. Parver was a member of the New York City Conflicts of Interest Board, appointed by Mayors Rudolph W. Giuliani and Michael R. Bloomberg. The five-person Board has broad powers and responsibilities under Chapter 68 of the New York City Charter, which governs the ethical conduct of all New York City public servants. In 2007, Ms. Parver received the Powell Pierpoint Award for outstanding service to the Board.
In late 1994 early 1995, Ms. Parver was a member of Mayor-elect Guiliani's Transition Team for Uniformed Services, which screened and recommended candidates for Commissioners of the New York City Police, Fire, and Correction Departments.
Ms. Parver is a Special Master for the Appellate Division of the New York Supreme Court, First Department, appointed in 2012, for which she conducts mediations. She is also a Referee for the Appellate Division First Department, in which capacity she conducts hearings brought by the First Department's Attorney Grievance Committee and recommends dispositions. Ms. Parver is a Referee for the New York State Commission on Judicial Conduct and formerly chaired a hearing panel of the Attorney Grievance Committee formerly known as the Departmental Disciplinary Committee for the First Judicial Department.
- JD, Columbia Law School, 1972, James Kent Scholar (1970-71)
- MA, Fletcher School of Law & Diplomacy, 1966
- AB, Tufts University, 1965, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa (President), Dean's List
- New York
- Supreme Court of the United States
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Co-founder, Susan Price Carr Scholarship Fund – awards several scholarships annually to Columbia Law School students
- Board Member, ASPCA
Board Chairman, Empirical Resolution Inc., also known as Quill
Former Board Member, Columbia Law School's Board of Visitors
Former Board Member, New York Council of Defense Lawyers
- Former Board Member, Curran Principal Academy (formerly the Paul J. Curran Foundation)