Adam Pergament is a litigator who represents clients in complex civil litigation. He has extensive experience representing clients in multidistrict litigation and class actions, as well as in government investigations. Mr. Pergament also has an active pro bono practice, which includes representation of indigent criminal defendants in the District of Columbia.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Pergament served as a law clerk to the Honorable Eric T. Washington of the District of Columbia Court of Appeals (2011-2012), and the Honorable Irma E. Gonzalez of the United States District Court for the Southern District of California (2010-2011). He also worked as an associate at another large firm.
Mr. Pergament graduated with high honors from the George Washington University Law School, where he served as a member of the George Washington Law Review and was elected to the Order of the Coif. Prior to law school, Mr. Pergament taught elementary school in Compton, California as a member of Teach for America.
- Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals in federal and state class action and non-class action litigation alleging antitrust and marketing related claims regarding one of its leading products.
- Samsung Electronics America in class action litigation by tech industry employees alleging conspiracy to suppress wages by means of an agreement not to poach competitors' employees.
- Major pharmaceutical company in federal and state court litigation, including litigation brought by state attorneys general and municipalities, alleging fraudulent marketing of opioids for long-term pain and seeking damages, restitution, and civil penalties.
- Major pharmaceutical company in multi-district class action litigation alleging antitrust violations arising from the settlement of patent litigation.
- Ocean shipping company in putative class action alleging price fixing conspiracy among major international providers of vehicle carrier services.
- Automotive parts manufacturer in Department of Justice criminal antitrust investigation and in related civil litigation.
- Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA), as amicus curiae in In re Lamictal Antitrust Litigation (3rd Cir.), an appeal concerning the application of antitrust laws to pharmaceutical patent litigation settlements following the Supreme Court's decision in FTC v. Actavis (2013).
- Several clients in non-public government investigations by the Department of Justice and other federal agencies regarding allegations of fraud, false claims, bribery, kickbacks, public corruption, and other issues.
- JD, The George Washington University Law School, 2009, with high honors
- BA, Claremont McKenna College, 2003, cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- District of Columbia
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- US District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals, The Honorable Eric T. Washington
- US District Court, Southern District of California, The Honorable Irma E. Gonzalez