Joanna Persio's practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and government investigations. Ms. Persio has experience representing businesses, institutions, and individuals in cases involving healthcare fraud, consumer protection and deceptive trade practices laws, antitrust laws, breaches of contract, constitutional claims, and a number of other areas. Ms. Persio also has substantial experience representing clients in connection with investigations conducted by federal, state, and municipal authorities.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Persio served as a law clerk to the Honorable William D. Quarles, Jr. of the United States District Court for the District of Maryland.
- Major pharmaceutical company in consumer protection and false claims litigation.
- Major pharmaceutical company in parallel federal, state, and municipal investigations of promotional practices.
- National healthcare provider in defense of healthcare fraud and abuse actions involving the Anti-Kickback Statute, the Stark Law, and the federal False Claims Act.
- Major pharmaceutical company in federal antitrust investigation of patent settlements and related litigation brought by private plaintiffs.
- Government institution in multiple litigations involving Administrative Procedure Act, constitutional, and breach of contract claims.
- Government contractor in arbitration proceeding involving contract and tort claims.
- JD, Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, 2010, summa cum laude
- BA, Washington and Lee University, 2005, cum laude
- District of Columbia
- New York
- US District Court, District of Maryland, The Honorable William D. Quarles, Jr.