Pamela Phillips is a retired partner at the firm. She chaired the firm's attorney liability practice group. Ms. Phillips has been recognized by the Daily Journal as one of the "Top 100 Lawyers in California."
While at the firm, Ms. Phillips focused her practice on the laws governing lawyers. She represented lawyers, law firms and corporations in litigation, and also counseled them on matters of legal ethics and risk management. Her practice included defending legal malpractice and malicious prosecution cases, as well as other litigation filed by and against lawyers, including partnership disputes, Jewel v. Boxer litigation and State Bar investigations and trials. She has often been called in to handle anti-SLAPP motions, fee arbitrations, and motions for disqualification and sanctions. Ms. Phillips has participated in four California Supreme Court decisions regarding attorneys, either representing a client or submitting amicus briefs. From 1976 to 1978, Ms. Phillips clerked for the Hon. John P. Fullam of the US District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. While in law school, she served as an Editor for the Villanova Law Review.
Ms. Phillips has been a member of the Board of Directors of the Bar Association of San Francisco, and serves as a mediator, arbitrator and early neutral evaluator for the United States District Court for the Northern District of California. She frequently lectures on topics within her areas of expertise, and taught professional responsibility for two years at the University of California, Berkeley, School of Law.
- JD, Villanova University School of Law, 1976, cum laude, Order of the Coif
- AB, Economics and Philosophy, Clark University, 1973, magna cum laude
- Pennsylvania (retired)
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US District Court, Eastern District of California
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- US District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, The Honorable John P. Fullam
- Member, Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Chair of Ethics and Responsibility Committee (502 Committee), Intellectual Property Section, American Bar Association
- Member, Litigation Section, American Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors (2000-2001); Member, Legal Ethics Committee; Member, Litigation Section and former Chair (1998), Bar Association of San Francisco
- Former Co-Chair, Attorney Liability Subcommittee; former Member (2000), Ethics Advisory Council, American Bar Association
- Member, California Women Lawyers
- Member, San Francisco Women Lawyers Alliance