Glenn Pogust defends manufacturers of a wide variety of products in personal injury and property damage cases, as well as cases involving product performance or malfunction claims that do not involve injury.
Mr. Pogust has been involved in all phases of litigation at the trial and appellate levels and in the federal and state courts in New York, as well as in jurisdictions throughout the country.
Mr. Pogust's extensive experience includes the representation of major pharmaceutical companies, and the defense of chemical, paint product, and adhesive manufacturers with respect to a wide range of claimed injuries including chronic disease, wrongful death, and burn injuries from explosions and fires. In addition, Mr. Pogust has represented manufacturers of industrial machinery, power tools, glass products, drug products, medical devices, and consumer products. He has experience in aviation and asbestos litigation and has litigated a variety of commercial, construction, and employment disputes. Recently, Mr. Pogust has been active in the food, beverage & supplements space, and has published a number of articles in the emerging area of food liability.
Mr. Pogust is also frequently asked to provide advice and risk assessments on non-litigated matters, including reviews of labeling, manuals, and operating procedures for new or existing products, due diligence reviews relating to corporate and finance transactions, drafting or revising contract language to protect clients from potential post-transaction liability exposure, and assisting with the resolution of claims that are not yet in litigation.
Mr. Pogust is actively involved in the firm's pro bono program and serves as co-head of the Immigration Practice Group. He obtained his JD from Fordham University School of Law, where he was Commentary Editor for the Fordham Law Review (1979-1980).
- Lead counsel for AstraZeneca in all state court cases involving the atypical antipsychotic medication Seroquel, including coordination of pre-trial proceedings in Delaware, New Jersey, New York, California, and Missouri.
- Obtained summary judgment and successfully argued the appeal of a claim that a major coatings company negligently misrepresented the performance capabilities of one of its products.
- Served as a key member of the national defense team in litigation involving over-the-counter decongestants, including acting as lead counsel for all New York cases and acting as settlement counsel to resolve the litigation in its entirety.
- Lead defense counsel in the MDL and New York courts in the Rezulin litigation.
- Regional and local counsel for three phentermine manufacturers in the Fen-Phen litigation.
- Obtained summary judgment for PPG Industries, Inc., The Dow Chemical Company, Ethyl Corp., and another bulk chemical supplier, and successfully argued the appeal of a claim alleging groundwater contamination of an industrial site.
- Regional, local, and trial counsel for Dow Chemical Co. on the silicone breast implant litigation.
- Obtained summary judgment for a major industrial machine manufacturer in a case involving catastrophic personal injury.
- Obtained the reversal on appeal of an multi-million dollar verdict involving exposure to chlorinated solvents.
- National coordinating counsel and trial team member for International Playtex in the toxic shock syndrome litigation.
Product Liability Litigation – Defendants (2006-2020)
- JD, Fordham University School of Law, 1980
- AB, Dartmouth College, 1977
- New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Western District of New York
- Board of Trustees, Kimball Union Academy
- Member, Association of the Bar of New York City
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Member, Federal Bar Counsel for the Second Circuit
- Member, Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel