Maxwell Preston's practice focuses on patent, trademark, and copyright infringement litigation. He also has experience in trademark prosecution, clearance, inter partes proceedings, and domestic and international trademark enforcement. Mr. Preston has represented clients from a wide range of industries including software development, e-commerce, printing, publishing, fashion, and furniture in intellectual property matters.
Mr. Preston is a graduate of New York University School of Law, where he served as an Executive Editor of the New York University Journal of Legislation and Public Policy. He earned his BS in computer science from Duke University.
- Jeanswear designers in numerous lawsuits challenging use of copyrighted and trademarked designs.
- eReader manufacturer and retailer in patent litigation regarding its devices and related software.
- Book publisher and retailer in copyright infringement action relating to a series of puzzle books.
- Printing companies in patent litigations related to their printing processes and software.
- Fashion designer in trademark opposition proceeding commenced by the company that she founded and formerly owned.
- Luxury brand owner in a trademark counterfeiting and infringement action against prominent mid-tier brand and various licensees.
- JD, New York University School of Law, 2009
- BS, Computer Science, Duke University, 2004
- New York
- New Jersey
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- US Court of Federal Claims
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- US District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, District of New Jersey