Muriel Raggi's practice focuses on litigation, securities enforcement, and white collar criminal matters. She has experience in internal investigations, white collar criminal matters, and enforcement matters brought by the the US Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC), the US Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB).
Ms. Raggi maintains an active pro bono practice, including representing an indigent client in the direct appeal of a criminal conviction, an inmate in a civil lawsuit against a prison for failure to provide adequate medical care, indigent defendants in criminal matters, and rape survivors in military court proceedings.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Raggi was a Fellow at Lincoln Square Legal Services, Inc., where she represented indigent clients during various stages of criminal matters, motion practice, plea negotiations, sentencing, and appeal.
- Major national accounting firm in its defense of accountant and auditor malpractice action.
- National accounting firm and various individuals in connection with SEC investigation related to auditor independence issues.
- National accounting firm and associated individuals in SEC investigation regarding valuation of Level 3 assets.
- Registered investment advisor in assisting with navigating an SEC examination.
- Financial services entity in assisting and conducting internal investigations into alleged impropriety.
- High net worth individual in IRS criminal tax liability investigation.
- JD, Fordham University School of Law, 2015, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- BS, Legal Studies, Kaplan University, 2011, magna cum laude
- New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit