Mr. Reinhart represents accounting firms, investment firms, public companies, individuals, and other clients in connection with investigations conducted by the Securities and Exchange Commission, Department of Justice, Public Company Accounting Oversight Board, and other regulators (as well as in internal investigations and related litigation).
He has experience defending securities enforcement investigations involving a wide array of issues, including financial fraud, financial accounting, financial reporting, disclosures, internal controls, insider trading, FCPA, municipal securities, and other issues.
Prior to joining Arnold & Porter, Mr. Reinhart clerked for the Honorable John M. Rogers of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and worked as a legal intern in the Enforcement and Compliance Division of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.
Mr. Reinhart graduated with highest honors from the George Washington University Law School, where he was elected to the Order of the Coif and received the Willard Waddington Gatchell Award and the John Ordronaux Award. During law school, Mr. Reinhart served as an Articles Editor for the George Washington Law Review.
- Big 4 accounting firm in multiple SEC and PCAOB investigations.
- Public company in an SEC investigation involving an accounting restatement.
- Investment firm in an SEC investigation involving insider trading.
- Senior manager of a Big 4 accounting firm in a successful Wells submission.
- Senior executive of a public company in an SEC investigation regarding accounting reserves.
- Senior executive of a government-sponsored enterprise in multiple investigations and litigation involving an accounting restatement.
- Multiple public companies in internal reviews and government investigations involving potential violations of the FCPA and other laws.
- JD, The George Washington University Law School, 2006, highest honors, Order of the Coif
- BA, Applied Mathematics, Washington University in St. Louis, 2002
- District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, The Honorable John M. Rogers
Member, Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels