Justice Rosalyn Richter brings a wealth of experience to her practice. Prior to joining the firm, for over a decade she served as an Associate Justice in the Appellate Division of the New York Supreme Court, First Department, one of the premier intermediate appellate courts in the United States. In that role, she presided over a diverse range of complex issues, including significant commercial and real estate matters, and criminal and matrimonial cases. Before joining the appellate court, Justice Richter served as a trial judge for 19 years, overseeing criminal, civil and family law cases.
As a scholar and leader in the legal industry, Justice Richter also serves as an adjunct professor at Columbia Law School and has previously taught at Brooklyn and New York Law Schools. She has helped train judges and lawyers throughout the United States and is firmly committed to pro bono service, advancing civil rights, including for the LGBTQ community, and increasing diversity in the legal profession.
Justice Richter represents clients in complex commercial litigation at both the trial and appellate level. With 30 years of experience as a neutral, she serves as a mediator and arbitrator and is available for moot courts and private judging in all types of matters. She analyzes complicated issues to help clients reach the right decision in settlement discussions issues timely, well-written decisions. In addition, with her in-depth knowledge of New York law and procedure, Justice Richter can provide expert guidance to other counsel.
- JD, Brooklyn Law School
- BA, Barnard College
- New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Supreme Court of the United States
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Member, New York Chief Judge’s Permanent Judicial Commission on Justice for Children
- Chair and Founding Member, New York State Courts Advisory Committee on Access for People with Disabilities
- Former Member, New York Commercial Division Advisory Committee
- Northeastern Law School, Center for Health Policy & Law, Advisory Board Salus Populi: Educating the Judiciary about the Social Determinants of Health