John Robinson is a litigator with a broad range of experience in complex commercial litigation in state and federal courts across the country. His clients have included financial institutions, pharmaceutical companies, government contractors, individual corporate officers and directors, and various other business entities.
Before joining the firm, he served as a law clerk to the Honorable Rosemary S. Pooler of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and the Honorable Joan B. Gottschall of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. He graduated, magna cum laude, from the University of Michigan Law School, where he was a student attorney in the Michigan Innocence Clinic and served as Managing Executive Editor of the University of Michigan Journal of Law Reform.
- Private equity firm in state court litigation and arbitration arising out of termination of former CEO.
- Nonprofit organization in copyright dispute in the US District Court for the District of Columbia.
- Pharmaceutical trade association in federal court litigation challenging constitutionality of state disclosure law.
- Commercial landlord in Fourth Circuit appeal concerning novel issue of Maryland real property law.
- Manufacturer in Fifth Circuit appeal defending award of summary judgment in products liability action.
- Bulgarian bank in adversary proceeding alleging fraudulent transfers in the US Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas.
- Pharmaceutical company in APA action in the US District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania .
- Former CEO in adversary proceeding alleging breach of fiduciary duty in the US Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
- Nonprofit organization in Ninth Circuit appeal concerning scope of California's Anti-SLAPP statute.
- Pennsylvania voters in successful gerrymandering challenge to Pennsylvania's congressional districts before the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
- JD, University of Michigan Law School, 2012, magna cum laude
- BA, Philosophy, Yale University, 2009
- District of Columbia
- New York
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US District Court, District of Maryland
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Western District of New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, The Honorable Rosemary S. Pooler
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois, The Honorable Joan B. Gottschall