Richard Rosen is a retired partner who represented clients in mergers and acquisitions and in civil and criminal enforcement matters before the federal antitrust agencies, as well as antitrust litigation. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Rosen served as Chief of the Communications and Finance Section of the US Department of Justice Antitrust Division, Assistant Director of the Federal Trade Commission's Bureau of Competition, and as Attorney Advisor to the Chairman of the Federal Trade Commission.
Mr. Rosen's practice focused on clients in the telecommunications, information technology, and media industries, and included the representation of clients before the Federal Communications Commission. During his career in private practice, he assisted clients in obtaining clearance for major merger and acquisition transactions in a wide range of industries, including telecommunications, software, networking, chemicals, mining equipment, railroads, medical devices, and others.
- JD, St. John's University School of Law, 1974
- SB, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1970
- District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Chief, Communication and Finance Section, Antitrust Division, US Department of Justice
- Assistant Director, Bureau of Competition, Federal Trade Commission
- Attorney Advisor to the Chairman, Federal Trade Commission