Richard Rosen represents clients in mergers and acquisitions and in civil and criminal enforcement matters before the federal antitrust agencies, as well as antitrust litigation. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Rosen served as Chief of the Communications and Finance Section of the US Department of Justice Antitrust Division, Assistant Director of the Federal Trade Commission's Bureau of Competition, and as Attorney Advisor to the Chairman of the Federal Trade Commission.
Mr. Rosen's practice focuses on clients in the telecommunications, information technology, and media industries, and includes the representation of clients before the Federal Communications Commission. During his career in private practice, he has assisted clients in obtaining clearance for major merger and acquisition transactions in a wide range of industries, including telecommunications, software, networking, chemicals, mining equipment, railroads, medical devices, and others.
- AT&T in its $49 billion acquisition of DIRECTV.
- Cytec Industries in its $5.5 billion acquisition by Solvay, S.A.
- Cisco Systems in its $2.7 billion acquisition of Sourcefire, Inc.
- Cisco Systems in its $1.2 billion acquisition of Meraki, Inc.
- Bucyrus International in its $7.6 billion acquisition by Caterpillar, Inc.
- Cisco Systems in its $5 billion acquisition of NDS Group Limited.
- Bucyrus International in its $1.3 billion acquisition of the mining equipment business of Terex Corporation.
- AT&T in its $2.8 billion acquisition of Dobson Communications Corporation.
- AT&T in its $89 billion acquisition of BellSouth.
- SBC Communications in its $16 billion acquisition of AT&T Corp.
- Cingular Wireless in its $41 billion acquisition of AT&T Wireless.
Litigation: Antitrust (2006-2018)
Litigation: Telecoms (2008)
- JD, St. John's University School of Law, 1974
- SB, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1970
- District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Chief, Communication and Finance Section, Antitrust Division, US Department of Justice
- Assistant Director, Bureau of Competition, Federal Trade Commission
- Attorney Advisor to the Chairman, Federal Trade Commission