Sol Rosenthal has spent more than 30 years as a transactional attorney and neutral arbitrator in the entertainment and business fields. He has experience in intellectual property and copyright; business and legal aspects of the financing, production, and distribution of theatrical motion pictures and television programming; talent agreements for producers, directors, writers, and actors; licensing agreements; agency and personal management agreements.
Mr. Rosenthal is active as an arbitrator and mediator. He serves as a neutral arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association; the Writers Guild of America; the Screen Actors Guild; the Independent Film & Television Alliance; and is a Fellow of the College of Commercial Arbitrators. He also serves on the Mediation Panel of the US District Court for the Central District of California and as Writers Guild-Association of Talent Agents Negotiator, representing writers when their agents have a conflict of interest.
- Agreements for services of producers and actors in theatrical motion pictures and television series.
- Book publishing agreements for prominent actors/entertainers with substantial guarantees and royalties.
- JD, Harvard Law School, 1959, cum laude
- BA, Princeton University, 1956, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, The Honorable Simon E. Sobeloff
Member of the Board of Directors of Playboy Enterprises, Inc., then a New York Stock Exchange company, from 1985 to 2011
President of the Beverly Hills Bar Association (1982-83)
President of the Los Angeles Copyright Society (1973-74)
Member of the Board of Governors of the Television Academy (1990-92)
- Charter Founder, Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles
- Founder, Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times, Los Angeles