John L. Ruppert focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, corporate and commercial finance, business combinations, reorganizations, recapitalizations, restructurings, and executive compensation, along with related federal income tax matters.
He represents private equity funds and their investors, and portfolio companies across a range of industries. His representation of equity funds extends to their formation, capital raises, and acquisitions and dispositions of portfolio companies. His representation of investors in private equity funds extends to their initial investment documents, side letters, and subsequent amendments to the foregoing. Mr. Ruppert also represents boards of directors and senior management regarding structuring deals, and related tax, finance, and executive compensation matters.
"Lawyer of the Year"—Creditor-Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law (Denver) (2021)
- LLM, New York University School of Law, Student Editor, Tax Law Review
- JD, University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Order of St. Ives, Editor-in-Chief, University of Denver College of Law Review
- BA, Northwestern University
- US District Court, District of Colorado
- Colorado Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- Association for Corporate Growth
- National Association of Public Pension Attorneys
- Turnaround Management Association