David Russell's practice encompasses a variety of complex commercial matters, with an emphasis on white collar crime. Mr. Russell regularly litigates in the federal courts at both the district and appellate level, representing a wide variety of clients ranging from international financial institutions to American citizens killed or injured in terrorist attacks abroad. He has also participated in numerous internal investigations in response to, or anticipation of, government inquiries.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Russell clerked for the Honorable Thomas L. Parker of the Western District of Tennessee. He graduated from Cornell Law School and served on the senior boards of the Cornell Journal of Law & Public Policy and Moot Court team.
- Former bank executive in a cross-border investigation conducted by DOJ and SEC regarding allegations of money laundering in the bank’s Eastern European branch.
- American citizens in a suit against the Palestine Liberation Organization and Palestine Authority for injuries sustained in terrorist attacks.
- Federal prisoner in a Bivens claim involving a matter of first impression before the Southern District of New York and Second Circuit.
- JD, Cornell Law School, 2017
- BA, University of Iowa, 2009
- New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Western District of Tennessee, The Honorable Thomas L. Parker